Reasons that you may be AH BENG
Here are ten reasons why you may not be as cool as you think.
You may be an AH BENG if...
- you live in Ang Sua and not Bukit Merah.
- you realise that everyone address you as chef or Hock Kien Peng in the army
- your command of Hokkien is better than singlish
- you have permed hair
- you like to shop in GOO CHIA CHIEW and PEOPLES PARK
- the girl at POSB stared at you when you said 'I one too wee door some money'
- chicks with luminous shirt and pony tail at the TOP of their head say 'ho say bo' to you
- your belt is down to your pubes and butt crack area.
- you can put 2 chickens in your pant pocket
- YOU HAVE A BMX WITH STERO AND NEON LIGHTS
You might want to consider yourself a Chow Ah Beng if...
- Havelock Rd you don't know but Or Kyou Tao is your favourite hangout;
- you address every person in the army has with an extra "chow", like chow private, chow officer, chow coporal...;
- Corporal say turn the click of your rifle clockwise but you keep saying "Wa eh cock bo why leh corporal!"
- you carry a comb in your back pocket;
- you only go to Canto Pop even though you speak Hokien;
- you call discotheque, "LIS-CO";
- all your female freinds has "Lian" or "Hua" in their names;
- or your female friends like Mary, or Suzy as their English name;
- your 4-letter words are seldom 4-letters becos you prefer the colourful Chow Ch** B**! L** J***!;
- you address every body as Ah something...
Contributed by: SIMON KHOO