170 Ways to tell you are from Hong Kong:
- You are a British Dependent Territory Citizen
- You have AMZY or AFZY on your HK Permanent ID card if
you are over 18
- You go to Chinese restaurants to "drink tea"
- You have a nicely equipped Pentium with at least 16MB
of RAM but no modem
- You use "mail" instead of "PINE"
- WE, HONG KONG PPL DON'T HAVE ANY ACCENT OF ANY KIND WHEN
- You go to concerts more that going to church
- Your back bag weighed more than 40 pounds since primary
- You love to put stickers with Chinese phrases on your
- Your regular slang includes: pk
- You have "3 minutes heat" to anything
- You don't spit
- You wear a pair of oval-shaped glasses even though you
don't really need one
- You call your secondary male teachers AH-SIR
- You call your secondary female teachers MISSE
- You wear designer clothes
- You wish to join RHKPD when you were young.....
- You have at least one nick name throughout your primary
& secondary school
- You are proud of your nationality ------ BDTC/BNO
- You can drink alcoholic beverages LEGALLY when you are
- You have "***" on your permanent ID card if
you are born in Hong Kong and over age 18.
- You like to drive Japanese/European cars but not American.
- You know what "Form One Jai" mean
- You don't call lottery as "lotto." You call
it as "Mark Six" instead
- You are so "inch"
- You pretend you know Mandarin even though you DON'T
- You only use the word "toilet," you never use
the words "bathroom," or "restroom."
- You start singing karaoke when you were 5
- You are an honor student in school (especially in America)
- You are majoring in engineering or business management
- You are an expert in MJ
- You tip only 10% in Hong Kong
- You prefer Sony or Aiwa
- You have more than 10 cousins
- You love HK style BBQ
- Ancient HKers call police as "Green Clothes"
- You don't know much about the "Basic Law"
- You can't tell the difference between "Welcome"
- You have many many credit cards
- You usually have more than two VCRs at home
- You think CD is an essential thing in your life
- You love to wear famous brand clothes: DKNY, Versace,
Chanel, Replay, etc.
- You love to wear an oval shape of eye-glasses of the
either brand: Giorgio Armani or Calvin Klein.
- You watch LD more than you sleep
- You love to gossip about HK entertainment
- You like discos
- You always go to "Karaoke" during Happy Hours
- You watch both "Chinese" or "American"
movies more than any nationalities in the world
- You have a cellular phone
- You hate the "Big Circles"
- HONG KONG 4-ever!!!!!!
- You drive Honda Accords
- When you say "how are you" in Mandarin, you
are actually saying some bad words......... hehehe
- You never do "french kiss" in the public.
- You speak Cantonese loudly although there are many Americans
- You only carry the latest model of cellular phone.
- You drive your Honda with body kids.
- You only browse "next magazine," "Ming
Pao," and "Sing Tao" in WWW.
- 12am is too early for you to sleep
- 12pm is too early for you to wake up
- You never study until the day before the quiz
- You have many tips that other people do not know
- You like to skate
- You play badminton
- You are a great liar
- You can act
- You love the number "8"
- You drink vita soy drink
- You are greedy
- You are the one who takes more food than you can eat
- You recycle
- You pay your utility bills at the last minute
- You have pets
- You don't smoke as much as B.G. ppl
- You can easily integrate into any environment and society
- You sleep at 4:00 am in the morning
- You wake up 12:00 in the noon
- You wear swatch
- You eat instant noodles
- You hate to walk
- You like to read "tin ha"
- You like to sleep
- You don't sing any national anthem
- You hate nerd (if this how you spell it?)
- You rush through your homework and study at the last
- You ask other HKer, "when are you going back to
Hong Kong?" instead of, "when are you going to Hong Kong?"
- You like snack
- You discriminate against gays and lesbians
- You live in Sunset or Richmond district in San Francisco
- You have more remote controls than you actually need
- You have a compact walkman the size of a tape
- You have a discman
- You don't buy duplicated tapes or CDs
- You drive an Integra
- You read "sing tao" instead of "world
journal" or "china press"
- You are not selfish
- You've had at least one girlfriend or boyfriend
- You use lead pencil instead of regular pencil
- You use a pencil box
- You are the most talkative person among your friends
- You are the nosiest person in public
- You have a pager
- You have a kind and warm heart
- You like to use Chinese slang
- You like to abbreviate everything, you read "reg"
instead of "registration". you read "sem" instead of
- You like to call your friends by nicknames
- You immigrated to other parts of the world because of
- You know what embarrass means!!
- Your house is neat and clean!
- Your fish tank is clear, not Green
- People from China Hate you! (But they act like they like
- You are going to hate next year! 1997
- You don't try to be funny, you are born to be funny
- You KNOW you hate "some" people that try to
act like they're from HK
- You are always up to date about everything
- Chan is spell C.h.a.n not C.h.e.n
- Don't think every little thing is inch like the BIG GREEN
- Hate BIG GREEN ppl
- You are much much smarter than everybody especially the
BIG GREEN ppl
- You Ho Wand Duck...<---read in Cantonese
- Hong Kong ppl don't have to act like they are from Hong
Kong like the BIG GREEN ppl do
- You love to play snooker
- You don't use email as much as Americans even though
you have an email account
- You drink Hi-C
- You know what does "Low-B" mean
- You hate baseball
- You can tell the big differences between TVB & ATV
- You eat curry fish balls very often
- You play HK-style basketball
- You eat Tong Tong Won Ton Noodles
- You drink "Afternoon Tea"
- You use "Tempo" more than "Kleenex"
- You don't know Victoria is Hong Kong's capital
- You know what does "Big Ear Hole" mean
- You ride a bike for fun
- You ate at Happy Valley restaurants before
- You drink HK-Style milk tea
- You always go to 7-11
- You always go to Circle-K
- If you are a male, you don't want to be called "Robert"
- If you are a female, you don't want to be called "Lucy"
- You read books written by Wesley
- You are so confident, you use pens to do math homework
- You love to wear uniforms (not the school uniforms)
- You sing karaoke more than going to church
- You wear funky bell bottom pants and carry around shoulder
bags to school
- You have had at least one tutor in Secondary School
- You call soccer as football
- You call your cellular phone as "big brother big"
- You have a Boy London watch
- You must have a correctional pen (liquid paper) in your
- You don't wear a baseball cap
- You never take the leftover home if you are dinning out
- You eat "Jung-Jung" potato chip
- You call Physics, Chemistry and Biology as "phy/chem/bi"
- You pronounce mathematics as "Maths" instead
- We remember and know what happened on June 4, 1989 instead
of July 4.
- You know what is "3 years and 8 months"
- You know what is "Hong Kong Foot"
- You know who is "Lee Ka Shing"
- You comb your hair sometimes (not like the other Chinese).
- You don't say "Deal Lay Ma Go Hike" as much.
- Your parents care for their children, they don't just
let them hang out at Chinatown (S.F.) after school
- You wash your hair often (not like the other Chinese)
- You think HK is the center of the universe
- You know when to be quiet. At least not as loud as the
- You like to read Jap comics
- You don't need to worry about unemployment
- You always include one or two English words in every
phrase that you say
- You might agree/disagree with the list, but you sure
would laugh about it. If you didn't, what can I say, you are from China.
please note that "WORLD OF BOB" has been MOVED
FIVE letters to the RIGHT due to a SYSTEM UPGRADE
the new URL is: